Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get a JCA Id or JCA username?
You need to Sign Up and fill in all the required details and pay the registration fees. Once your details and payment are verified you will receive your unique JCA ID/ username
How do I register for a competition?
● First Sign up
● Click on All competitions and select online/offline competition
● Click on the upcoming competition that you would like to participate
● Read all the details carefully and click on the “Register” button
● Select the events you want to take part in and make the payment
● Wait for your registration to be approved, post that you will get competition updates
Are there different age categories?
Yes all JCA competitions are bifurcated into different age categories. They are under 7 years, under 9 years, under 11 years, under 14 years, under 18 years, and parents category (only if their child is participating). The cut-off date for each competition is different and the system will auto-assign you into the correct age bracket.
Points to remember before my first competition?
● Make sure you bring your own cubes
● For Online competitions (check your internet connection stability and backup)
● Read the Rules and Regulations
● Watch the videos on how to scramble, event flow, and more
● Check your mail/My News tab regularly for competition-related updates
Where can I see my scores?
There are 2 ways to view your scores
1. Click on the Results and select your competition type, event and view your scores
2. Go to your profile (Competiton results and see your scores)
How do I get updates about competitions?
You can check for all upcoming competitions at All Competitions. Also, an email will be sent to all participants on their registered email id when a competition goes live and are open for registration.
What options do I have while making payment?
When are the results uploaded post-competition?
For online competitions, the results are announced 3 days post the competition. For offline competitions, the results are announced on the last day of the competition.
How can I track my courier order?
Do I need to pay extra for shipping?
Can I opt. For cash on delivery?
If no one is available to pick up at that time?
How can I have a competition in my city?
To organize a JCA competition in your city, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I change my profile picture in my account?
To change your profile picture, go to edit profile and click on the change image icon (follow the guidelines mentioned to have a smooth transition).
How to check if my cubes are competition legal?
Get your cubes checked by our associated mentors for NxN puzzles. For Event Clock, the organizing team will connect with you for pictures of your puzzle before the competition.
What is the age range to participate in a JCA competition?
There is no minimum age for kids to participate in a JCA competition as long as they can solve the puzzle completely. But the oldest kid should be under 18 years old to participate. Parents don’t have an age limit but they are only allowed to participate if their child is participating in the same competition.
For how long is my Registration code valid?
Do I get the Participation trophy if I don’t complete in the allocated time?
What do I need to get for my online competition?
- You should have 2 devices with you (a laptop for the timer and a mobile phone for the zoom meeting)
- Good internet connectivity so that your attempt is validated by the moderator
- Keeping the screen “ON” time to 30 minutes
- ID card for the participant (Aadhar card, Pan card, Passport, etc)
- Solved fully assembled cube for the events you are participating in
Can I participate in High IQ (4x4, 5x5, Megaminx) event if I only know to solve 1 or 2 cubes out of it?
It is mandatory to solve all 3 cubes in High IQ event.
As a Rubik’s cube teacher, can I enroll my kids for the competition?
To enroll your kids please contact us at +91 93261 69864 or mail at email@example.com
Can parents participate in a JCA competition?
Yes, parents can participate under the “Parent’s category” section for 3x3 cube. It is only applicable to those parents whose kids are participating in the same competition.
What are the fees for the event in a competition?
The fees are displayed on the competition page or ask for the Link via whatspp on +91 9326169864.
When and where is the competition taking place?
The competition schedule is displayed on the competition page
What things do I require for the signup process?
- First, go to the top right side of the page and click on Register.
- Fill in the participant’s details and submit an e-copy of age proof and photograph
- Pay the registration fees
- You will receive your JCA id and password in the registered mail
- Your account details will be verified by the admin and approved within 72 hours
- Link Video For Sign Up:
What are the age categories?
There are 5 age categories
- Under 7 years
- Under 9 years
- Under 11 years
- Under 14 years
- Parents category
What are the prizes for winners?
- In 3x3 – Prizes for Top 4 Trophy Winners in Under 7, Under 9, Under 11, Under 14, Parents category
- In 2x2, Pyraminx, Mirror, Skewb – Prizes for Top 3 Trophy Winners in Under 7, Under 9, Under 11, Under 14 age category
- In Clock, 4x4 – Prizes for Top 3 Trophy Winners in Upto 9 years (Under 7+ Under 9), Upto 14 years (Under 11+ Under 14) age category
- In High IQ – Prizes for Top 4 Trophy Winners in Upto 9years (Under 7+ Under9), Upto 14 years (Under 11+ Under 14) age category
What is Merit Awards?
3x3 Merit Medals All participants will get Merit medals (Gold, silver and bronze are given according to the cut off in each age category)
What our Excellence Awards?
Excellence Awards Special Additional Trophy Category
1-Legend award – Child who has participated in 3x3x3, 2x2x2, and Pyraminx and has won trophies in all 3 events of the competition (U7, U9, U11, U14) (If there is a tie position, we will consider podium winners ranking).
2-Youngest Boy – Boy Child who has participated in 3x3x3 cube (U7) as per cut-off date he is youngest irrespective of their score. In case there is a tie in age, then we will compare their scores.
3-Youngest Girl – Girl Child who has participated in 3x3x3 cube (U7) as per cut-off date she is youngest irrespective of the score. In case there is a tie in age, then we will compare them scores.
4-Star Performer Boy – Boy child who has participated in ALL EVENTS of current competition. (U7, U9, U11, U14). As per boy child's performance and ranking after podium prize winners in all events.
5-Star Performer Girl – Girl child who has participated in ALL EVENTS of current competition. (U7, U9, U11, U14). As per girl child's performance and ranking after podium prize winners in all events.
6-Upcoming Star Boy – Boy child who has participated in 3x3x3 cube. First boy after first four podium prices. (U7, U9, U11, U14)
7-Upcoming Star Girl – Girl child who has participated in 3x3x3 cube. First girl after first four podium prices. (U7, U9, U11, U14).
Will all participants receive Certifcate?
Online Participants: All participants will receive e-Participation and e-Merit certificates after 2 weeks on the JCA website in the certificate tab.
Offline Participants: All participants will receive Physical Participation and e-Merit certificates after 1 weeks on the JCA website in the certificate tab.
Why are events not conducted back-to-back for an age group?
It is not feasible to conduct different events back to back for an age group due to a large number of participants and the chance a child might not be able to attend the competition at the given time and will lose participating in all events instead of just one
How many solves are given for each cube?
There are 3 solves given for 3x3, 2x2, Pyraminx, Clock, Skewb, and 4x4. 1 solve given for High IQ(4x4, 5x5, Megaminx) event.